I really wanted to write a review about this product.
WHAT I LIKED
ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT
- The article is always "to the point".
- The method's chapters unfolds in a logical chronological practical order.
- It is versatile : you can apply it to many different genres and mechanics where there is room for characterization : adventuring, investigations, narrative, simulationism ...
- It can help you to quickly unstuck your campaign between two sessions.
- It is a convienent way to bring twits and deepening narrative to your player.
- It gives you some hints about pitfalls to avoid (like how to go from GM-story-centricity to player-driven-narrative).
- It does what it says : it uses associations techniques to build plots for roleplaying games.
- Reading this article is good, but when you want to apply the method, you are forced to reread everything to take notes of what to do before being able to put it into practice. This is not very user friendly. @ThinkDifferent : Can you add a step by step checklist sheet at the end ?
- I am not a native english reader, and there was two chapters (alas, I do not remember which one and can't reread the document right now) that were very hard to follow. Because of language and convoluted writting. @ThinkDifferent : Can you try to untangle some things in the chapter so that a 5 year old human who is not experimented with idioms can understand ?
Many thanks !
[4 of 5 Stars!]